Lots of countries have stiff charges for drug offenses and strictly impose drug laws. If you are captured purchasing, selling, carrying or utilizing any type of drug – from hashish to heroin, marijuana to mescaline, cocaine to quaaludes – you will be jailed. You go through foreign laws overseas, not U.S. laws, and, if detained, you will find that:
– Few countries supply a jury trial.
– Trials are frequently long, with hold-ups and postponements.
– A lot of nations do not accept bail.
– Pre-trial detention, typically in solitary confinement, might last for months.
If you are founded guilty, you face a possible sentence of:
– 2 – ten years in lots of nations
– A minimum of 6 years hard labor and a stiff fine in some nations
– The death penalty in a variety of nations (e.g. Malaysia, Pakistan, Turkey, Thailand, Saudi Arabia).
Throughout recent years, there has actually been an increase in the number of females detained abroad. These are normally ladies who serve as drug carriers or “mules” and who think that they can make fast cash and have a getaway at the same time, without getting captured. Instead of a holiday, they receive an irreversible residence in an abroad jail.
U.S. citizens have been detained abroad on drug charges because they possessed simply one ounce or less of cannabis. The risk of being imprisoned for simply one marijuana cigarette is just not worth it!
The U.S. consular officer CAN NOT get you out of prison nor out of the country as soon as you are arrested!
Similarly, the U.S. consular officer CAN NOT.
– Represent you at trial or give you legal counsel.
– Pay legal fees and/or fines with U.S. Federal government funds.
– If someone offers you a complimentary trip and some fast and simple cash, just for reviving a travel suitcase … SAY NO!
– Do not bring a bundle for anybody, no matter how little it might be.
– Do not let anyone pack your travel suitcases for you while you are abroad.
– If the drugs remain in you travel suitcase, you will be captured.
Do not get involved with illegal drugs overseas! It can spoil more than your trip. It can destroy your life!